— fengshui

Make Your Own Spubble Visual Assignment (2 star)

For this visual assignment, I chose the ‘make your own spubble’ because I have wanted to do one for some time now and who wouldn’t want to get a good laugh out of it? 

So here’s the general synopsis: Learn to love yourself, grab a picture of yourself in which your body language, actions, gestures, etc. suggest one thing and then play off that using a speech bubble. Ideally the result would make people laugh—but I must acknowledge there are other possible emotional responses that may be just as acceptable. Think of it as lolcat, save it’s a human (namely you) and there is nothing compelling anyone to abuse the letter z in the speech bubble text. Picnik.com or Aviary.com would make this assignment dead simple.

And it really was dead simple, as Professor Groom stated once I learned how to operate one of these photo editing sites that was provided. So I used Piknik, uploaded one of my images that my friend took last year, and played it off with a funny little comment. There was no option to insert a spubble for either sites so I had my comment running across the top portion of my photo. Besides that, I made one outer layer change to the picture; I added ’rounded edges’ frame to my photo to make it appear more picturesque and quaint. So… without further ado, here’s my creation. Hope you like it 🙂 

Flower girl sitting beside a tree trunk

P.S. Video tutorials to come soon… I want it to be a good 3 minutes long. I still need to figure out the medium I will use for the process of making one but one thing for sure, it will be on a 3 star or higher assignment because I think 1 or 2 star won’t suffice my desired length of the video.