— fengshui

What The Font? Design Assignment – 4 STAR!

So this assignment is worth 4 stars and sure enough, it took me about 4 hours to complete it. I’m pretty satisfied of my end result seeing it as took me so long to finish it. At first I didn’t think I would be patient enough to slowly walk work my way through the itty bitty details of this assignment, but I guess I proved myself wrong, which in this case is a good thing 🙂 

Synopsis: A common exercise in design school, take typographical elements (perhaps even the words of a story) and bring them to life.

I really really like this assignment because typography is just so much fun and stirs creativity in me. Throughout the entire way, I had a youtube tutorial walk me through the steps of making one, so reluctance and frustration were out of the question. I have crafted the letter ‘F’ in the honor of my name and added adjectives, nouns, verbs, etc to describe my character and my beliefs. In the midst of the myriad of words, ‘future’ is switched backwards to represent my unknown/uncertain future. (I thought that was pretty clever 🙂

I may do a tutorial on this assignment because it was VERY tedious, but so worth it. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy 🙂 This completes my 15 stars of the week.